7.29.2004

say goodbye

to the little mole that sits next to my nose. It suddenly decided to bleed a little this week so I went to see a dermatologist. He explained how people in his line of work are cushy doctors who don't deal with anything serious, except skin cancer. He almost insisted on taking it off my face before I left the room but I explained that I have a wedding to attend out of town and I didn't really want to walk around with blue stitches sticking out of my face. He wasn't pleased about that but I made my promise and will go back in a week and a half. So for those of you who experience the same thing, go see a doctor right away. He emphasized that this is serious business and definitely not a wait and see kind of thing. I won't describe the procedure here but it sounds a little scary. But then I think back and realize I've gone through a skin graft inside my mouth, 8 teeth removals and a dislocated elbow. It couldn't be as bad as any of those. But still I hate needles and stitches. These will be my first stitches outside my mouth. Hopefully when they test it, it will be benign. Since it's an old mole that I probably just scratched by accident, it's probably nothing.

3 comments:

Jenn TM said...

did you get rid of it yet?
are you going to be okay?

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark your site!

I have a House Cleaning Southlake TX
site. It pretty much covers House Cleaning Southlake TX
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!