8.17.2005

speech contest

It's speech contest time again at Toastmasters. I entered and took 2nd place at the Area level before for my 2-3 min impromptu speech evaluation. This time I'm thinking to enter the humorous speech contest. This is a hard one because the audience is very diverse, particularly in age, and it's tough to talk about stuff that makes everyone laugh. Any ideas? Contest takes place 9/7.

Humorous Speech - Original humorous speech with theme (no acting or monologue), 5-7 minutes long

Help I need a really good topic!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow! that's so cool. my aunt signed me up for toastmasters when i was younger not telling me what it was. I went to some meetings but was so confused by what it was. would've helped if she had explained, or better yet asked if i wanted to participate. lol. i don't have any suggestions, but good luck! :)

Ben said...

I remember you mentioned this once ... I guess it was last year. What topics did you have before as suggestions? Maybe that can start us off with the brainstorming for ya!

Sam said...

Good Luck! May be you can think of some funny thing which happened and build a whole story around it, that might be more original.

Fumbling said...

my funniest story is the time i got drunk and lost at a club bathroom, pushed on a door and literally fell out the door, fell on my ass into the back lane and the door shut locked with my shoe behind it. but not sure that is appropriate.