8.05.2005

annoying gym people

I headed up to the cardio room to do some running after my pilates class this afternoon. This new member, I could tell because she was sporting one of the athletic club T-shirts they're giving away to the new members, got on the elliptical with her CD walkman and started SINGING. And, no, not quietly to herself but loud so the whole fucking room had to listen to her. Then this other woman got on the seated bike machine and within 2 minutes tried to flag down a guy who was leaving the room but he didn't hear her. Another woman leaves (probably because that bitch who was singing next to her) and the lady on the bike successfully flags her down and orders her to tell a staff member to turn down the A/C because it's blowing in her face. How about getting off your fat ass and getting the staff member yourself? It's not like she logged any more than 2 minutes on that machine. The staff member makes his way over there and says "turn down the A/C? Well it would turn down the vents for the whole room, not just the one facing you." From the back of the room I couldn't hear the words they exchanged after that but the staff member went to the dial, turned down the A/C and then went to the back of the room to turn on the fans for everyone else. That selfish bitch. She could have just moved her ass to the next bike over, the one not directly in front of the vent. As if that weren't enough, she then asked the guy to change the channel on ALL 3 TVs. Seriously, WTF??

2 comments:

Ben said...

I've never come across that kind of high-maintenance this-gym-is-my-private-resort-and-you-are-all-servants-in-it sort of person (yet). But I know that I hate people who do a single set of something, tie up the equipment by putting their towel on it, and then rest for 3 minutes (often by flexing in the mirror and admiring themselves) before coming back to the machine.

Get. The. Fvck. Off. And stop wasting my time. I just want to smack them. Except some of them are actually bigger than me. (Dammit. But I'm working on that.)

CosmoBlogger said...

I've come across such ppl in my gym before, they think they own the whole gym just becuz of what they pay. The one I met in my gym, things gotten to bad that the staff had to ask her to leave as she is annoying a lot of people there... serve her right...