8.09.2005

my deal of the day

My printer quit on me as soon as I clicked to print my proof of repatriation and evacuation insurance. Out of ink again thanks to the 20-30 page papers I have to print for school. So I dug into my bulk mail for those email notices from Carrott Ink and Myinks.com to see what specials they had going on. Carrott Ink had my cartridges (Canon s600, the best and most economical printer ever going strong at 5 years old) for $7.95 each (MSRP $11.95).

MyInks.com has a 20% off sale and free 10 sheets of photo paper with every purchase and free shipping with $50 purchase. OK so the $50 minimum is hard to reach, especially when everything is 20% off prices that are already about 1/2 off MSRP but I bought the value pack of 9 assorted cartridges and added a few more colour ones to meet the $50 minimum. After all was said and done, my cartridges costed about $4.45 each, got the free photo paper, and my free shipping. At a real store I wouldve paid around $10 a cartridge. Shitty thing is I have a LOT of cartridges now but if my little printer keeps performing the way it has the last 5 years, things will be just fine. I *heart* my Canon S600.

OH and speaking of deals, Simon got a 4 motor massage chair online from Amazon for around $80, free shipping. Those things are usually several hundred to several thousand bucks. Can't wait til that comes in!

1 comment:

Ben said...

Um ... did you guys move into a bigger place? Where are you finding the room to put all this stuff in??