8.04.2005

Banff

I'm so excited, we found some great deals on flights to Calgary for a wedding we need to attend in Banff in October. Cheaper than flying to Vancouver, although every destintation seems to be cheaper than Vancouver lately. We're going to arrive on a Saturday evening, attend the wedding Sunday, then hopefully not be hungover so we can see some sights on Monday before flying out that evening. Anyone have any suggestions for what to see? The Banff hotsprings is open til 11pm and looks like a good bet for the night we arrive. I haven't been to Banff since I was 3 so I don't remember the trip at all. Man, I love it when people have destination weddings so we have an excuse to see someplace new. My last "someplace new" trip was Cabo San Lucas in March. Hopefully at some point I can save enough money to go to Australia or Asia. A second trip to Europe would be great too.

4 comments:

ceaz said...

I've never been to Banff before but it's on my list of places to go. Other than work trips, I've only gone to Vancouver this year. That sucks. I need a real vacation.

Fumbling said...

suntrips.com if you can catch one of their deals (dates are rigid) you can do 4 days in Puerto Vallarta all inclusive for under $400, includes flight, hotel, food, drinks. I think that was the best bang for our buck...and beautiful.

Cyrus said...

I went to the Hot Spring last year. It was nice, except that it can get crowded. If you have time, try driving up the parkway to Jasper. I'd drive up north (~1hr) to see the Columbia Icefields. Don't count on driving too fast though..if the bears and wildlife along the roadside don't stop you, the scenary will...

Tashiwa said...

I am so excited about Banff too!! It'll be cool to finally meet you and even better in a fun location. Let's all hope it doesn't rain that weekend...
Yay!