8.25.2005

sneaky

I just got an email from the office of International Programs at my school

==========================================
****THURSDAY & SATURDAY ENGLISH TUTORING CLASSES****
====================================================

*** Many opportunities to intermingle language with community activities.
=== Compliments of the Edge Campus Ministry ===
& Covenant Presbyterian Church community
I can't begin to explain how much it angers me when Christian churches trick people into coming to their church. They also host a free "welcome dinner" for unsuspecting international students. Kinda like when girls at my undergrad university would tell me they love my shoes or something I'm wearing and then proceed to invite me to their bible study group. Stop fucking with me! Did you *really* like my shoes or did you just bear false witness against thy neighbour? Huh?

If people want to find Jesus I'm sure they will head to the nearest church. They're everywhere and there's no mistaking those little (or sometimes large) buildings with the cross structure up top. These aggressive recruitment campaigns just piss me off. I have a right not to have people approaching me. I get enough yahoos at school walking around with clipboards and flyers trying to shove their cause down my throat.

2 comments:

Ben said...

What? Did I hear free dinner? Sure!

I find the same thing: I hate when they try to cram it down your throats, like you are missing out on one of life's best gifts and it's imperative that you stand up and take note. Yeesh.

guppieluv said...

dude! oh, and worst yet, some people snicker and get all mean if you turn them down... didn't the bible teach them to love thy neighbor?? aiya... hypocrites.