8.15.2005

flattery

Apparently blogging invites flattery. I got all sorts of flattery in some comments to a recent post here from a guy who is desperate to get people to visit his site and complete offers to help him with that free iPod program.

My xanga page, which is nothing more than a recruiting page for thesis interviewees and a picture of myself, invited the following series of emails:
hi my name is manuel i am a photographer for gente magazine. i would like to
hire u to model for the magazine. how much will u charge
------------------------------------------------------------
Vanessa Au to mrraider805 More options Aug 11
(4 days ago)
very flattering but i'm not a model. just a scholar
studying the import modeling scene for my Master's thesis.
------------------------------------------------------------
Manuel Alamillo to me More options 12:08 pm
(1½
hours ago)
hi its me manuel again, i would like to photograph you. i
think you will be very perfect for the magazine section i have for you. let
me know.

I don't get it, what's the deal? Gente is some sort of Latino magazine. I'm 5' tall and have the classic ex-gymnast build (ever seen American Gladiators?), though he can't tell from my head shot there. I wonder what it is that this guy wants. I bet he's just another pervert posing as a photographer who takes nasty pictures to wall paper his room with. Move along Manuel, there's plenty of girls out there who'll fall for this but hell will freeze over before I get sucked into something this stupid.

No comments: