8.08.2005

cleaning house

I designated today my deal-with-stuff-I-hate-dealing-with day, which means calling big companies and sitting there on hold waiting to deal with administrative crap like finding out why my health insurance premium went up, asking how to get a smaller premium, and getting my proof of insurance faxed to me so I can register for school. I also worked on sumbmitting a proposal to present a paper at a media studies conference, reformatting my laptop and trying to figure out where/how to get the cheapest repatriation of remains/evacuation insurance (again to lift my hold on school registration). What that means is I need insurance to pay in case I die and need my remains autopsied, put in a box, and shipped back to Canada. Nice huh? That took a couple phone calls to Student Health Services and getting put on hold and passed on to other people's voicemails just to find out that no one knows the url of the online insurance dealer recommended to me last year by a woman who no longer works at my school. The only thing I hate more than talking on the phone is being put on hold or forwarded to people's voicemail boxes.

After that I paid some bills online, checked my account status, double checked some credit card statements, shredded a pile of credit card offers, started working on my tutoring/work schedule for Fall, and looked up call numbers for some recommended reading that my thesis committee gave me during my thesis proposal meeting. I guess this is the kinda stuff that rich people get their personal assistants to do for them. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I were paid to deal with this crap but I don't. Anyways, I ended my day with a post on eBay. Gotta do some Spring/Summer cleaning around here. I'm going to see how the sale of this goes before posting my other stuff.

Work done on my thesis and Ph.D. applications zero.

No comments: