8.25.2005

calendar

I just realized that I'm gonna need a way to keep track of what the hell I'm doing each day and I killed the batteries on two PDAs last school year which leaves me with none. Actually two of my laptop batteries went all to hell too. I have bad chemistry with batteries but I don't like doing things on paper. Daytimers were so early 90s (and heavy).

Ideally I'd have a Treo or something of the sort with the camera, phone, PDA in one. Preferably with wifi so I can walk around campus connected. Preferably not something running on that God awful Palm OS that has shown zero innovation over the last 6 years. I was shocked to see nothing had changed from my Palm IIIx (which I sold because the screen was garbage) to the Sony Clie (which has a dead battery). Unfortunately the good shit costs a minimum of $200 used and I don't have that kinda cash. Suggestions anyone?

I've given up taking my laptop to campus because, well, the battery is fucked so I have to tote around the power cord and, secondly, because it hurts my back and neck to haul all that shit the 6 blocks I walk to campus from my car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best option is probabily to replace the battery in the Clie for <$50. A lot of online specialty stores sell replacement internal batteries for PDAs, iPods, etc...

Oliver said...

i have a blackberry. don't get one of these, its only good for email. as an organizer, its kinda clunky.