8.24.2005

sleep

Big day tomorrow. It's the first day of school. I have no classes but I'll be running a Writing Lab in my department again and TAing a Social Issues in Communication course with an instructor who plans to explain the link between media studies and masturbation. Should be a fun semester despite the fact that the class has 75 students. I hope to hell I don't have to grade ALL the papers.

I've been having a hard time getting to sleep lately even though it's never really been a problem before. I need to re-train myself to make midnight my bedtime so I can get shit done in the mornings before I have to head to school or get to work on my thesis/reading. Like ship out stuff I sell on eBay. My leather Claiborne purse went for a disappointing $5.50 (before shipping which I charge $6 for). At least it didn't go to that moron who asked me to stop the auction early for her so she could win the purse to match her outfit. Oh well, a little cash in my PayPal account is better than giving all my stuff indiscriminately to Goodwill.

Oh yeah, our Toastmasters area contest is now 10/1 which means I can attend and I can also make it to TO for Simon's cousin's wedding on 9/17. Wedding #5 of the year that I'll be attending. Tasha and Sheldon's will be #6 in October (YAY Banff!!). Got a cheap $353 flight to TO but I'll be spending a third of my trip on the damn airplane -- total of about 16 hours roundtrip for a Friday to Sunday trip. I hate flying. I don't know how you people more than 5' tall can stand it.

No comments: