7.06.2005

thesis help!

So I spent yesterday searching AsianAvenue.com for participants for my thesis project and posting bulletins on import car forums but no one has replied yet and I'm shitting myself already. I should've done textual analysis instead, dammit. In any case, here's the bulletin I posted. Please pass it on. Any help would be appreciated!


Are you an amateur import model with your own personal web site (Asian Avenue sites are OK)? If so, I’d like to talk to you!

I am primarily interested in the gratifications that import models derive from authoring personal web sites. I am conducting graduate research at San Francisco State University on import models as part of my master’s thesis. By conducting interviews with import models I’m hoping to get a preliminary understanding of the gratifications you derive from authoring a web site. In order to be eligible to participate in this study you must:

- Be female and at least 18 years of age
- Be an amateur import model (you have other full-time pursuits and import modeling does not comprise your primary source of income)
- Be of Asian ethnicity
- Be born in the United States or Canada OR
- Have lived permanently in the United States or Canada since the age of 12 or younger
- Have authored a personal web site that indicates your interest in import modeling

Participation will involve a 60 minute face-to-face or telephone interview* which will be recorded and transcribed. Your identity will remain confidential and only a pseudonym will be used to identify your data in published work. Interviews will take place at a mutually convenient time and location.

If you are eligible and interested in participating, please reply to this message as soon as possible or email importmodelstudy (at) gmail.com. Also, please feel free to forward this email to others who might be eligible and interested. * Interviews by phone will be conducted only if you live outside of the Greater Vancouver, BC area, San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles County

1 comment:

Shaky Jake said...

Good luck finding participants...it's not exactly a popular career choice.