7.13.2005

applications

So whilst working madly on recruiting participants for my thesis, I'm also researching Phd programs that I want to apply to. I'm thinking to broaden my search to include not just media/communication but also social cultural anthropology, ethnic studies, and sociology. There's also the more interdisciplinary programs like cultural studies and "history of consciousness" (UC Santa Cruz). I sometimes wish I were into a more straightforward field of study, y'know like medicine, law, optometry. But being me, things have to be obscure and complicated right?

Anyways, anyone have any tips for grad school applications or programs that might interest me or samples of killer statement of purpose essays? (my research interests = ethnicity, gender, new media, youth cultures)

If this all seems really vague to you non-liberal arts types, I essentially want to one day publish multiple books like this and teach at a university, and then later maybe move into university administration (hey that means longer vacations and free tuition for my future children, I'm not being that impractical)

No comments: