7.11.2005

making some progress

Special thanks to Christine, Lonny, Calvin and Joe for messaging/calling me with contacts for help on my thesis. I'll definitely contact those people for help. In the meantime I've been lucky enough to get 2, maybe 3, girls to interview. I kinda caved and decided to give a $10 giftcard because I just dont think anyone will want to interview with me for an hour just out of the goodness of their hearts. Hopefully the momentum snowballs and the girls I interview send me more contacts. I think $10 / hour of their time is a fair trade.

In other news, I've been searching like crazy for flights home for yet another wedding but looks like I might not be able to go. $500USD is just a bit much to head back to Vancouver, especially when I also have to pay $80 roundtrip for ferry to Victoria on top of that. And those web specials to San Diego were BS. I went to book last night and all $63/each way fares were "unavailable" and the costlier ones were still only available for weird hours like 6 am. What the hell is up with air travel lately. Ridiculous. I think it's cheaper to fly to NYC than to take a 2 hour flight home.

No comments: