5.01.2006

insomnia

I can never sleep when (1) I've had a nap (2) Simon's out of town. Last night I managed to satisfy both conditions. Simon's out at Interop in Vegas and I fell asleep at 9pm for about 1/2 an hour. By the time I dragged myself to bed, I was wide awake again. I really wanted to go for a bedtime of 11pm but after rolling around for an hour and a half I did the unthinkable. I turned on the lights, went downstairs and made a bowl of oatmeal. I never eat in the middle of the night. I thought that was just something people do on TV. But after trying to eat low carb all day just for the hell of it, I was craving carbs. After the oatmeal I had some whole wheat crackers and cream cheese. Brushed my teeth, went back to bed, and turned on the TV. I watched some special on American Pie and what's come of the careers of all its actors. By the time that was done, it must've been past 1:30 am. So much for going to bed early. I'll give it another shot tonight, maybe after a nice nightcap, and something to take care of these allergies that came with the beautiful weather.

No comments: