10.31.2005

scary

So all the conservatives are happy with this Samuel Alito fellow that Bush brought in to save his rep with the right leaning folks. I find this scary. It's a weird feeling to be scared in the country you are living in, especially when that country is the United States. I never would have predicted feeling this way back in 2000 when I decided to move down here. There sure have been a lot of changes in the past 5 years. I was still living out of a hotel room during the 2000 election, but I sometimes wonder what life would have been like here if Gore had been elected (as he should've been).

1 comment:

egan said...

The only thing you have to fear, is your own fallopian tubes.

Damn, if this moron overturns Roe V. Wade... there's going to be hell to pay. It's hard to believe it's been a year since we had the chance to get Bushie out of office. How he got re-elected will remain a mystery the rest of my life.