10.11.2005

the man who didn't move

Something funny happened during this Banff wedding I forgot to mention. When Simon and I headed over to the wedding reception we passed by this old Asian guy passed out on a couch in the hotel hallway. That was about 6pm. After the reception ended, the bar shut down and we headed to room 301 Shel and Tasha's suite for the after party. After some more dirty jokes and an exhaustive explanation of what it's like to grow up Chinese in Jamaica, I left and headed back to our room. This was about 3am. I took the same route back to my room as I did going to the reception and low and behold, old Asian dude was still KO'd in this chair. I went back to tell Bryan who came out to check if he was breathing. Indeed he was. So I turned off my flash and took this picture. I wonder what his story is. Is this your dad? Did his wife kick him out of the room? Did he get lost? Is he even in the right hotel? Did someone slip GHB into the wrong drink?

We will never know. Anyone have any ideas?


The man who didn't move

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wherever I lay, there is my home.

He was probably... wait... Dad is that you?

Oliver said...

are you sure he was still breathing?

egan said...

Let me take a stab at this one: he's very tired from a night of partying with college-aged strippers.