11.01.2005

car update

The bolts and springs that were holding the clutch inside the tranny came loose which damages the fly wheel and the clutch so the repair is $856. So I get brand new Acura bearings, bolts, seals, clutch, pressure plate etc.

I actually read about this problem in an Integra forum and it happened to another of my mechanic's friends. So those of you with 1997 Integra GSRs with manual transmission who have problems getting into gear (and it's not as simple as the clutch slipping), you know what to look for and it ain't good. Please note my new PayPal donation button -->

3 comments:

James said...

That sucks, was it the original clutch?

Fumbling said...

yup. so first clutch job at 68K miles

James said...

Yeesh, that sucks. Though one time I wore my clutch so much, I wore out the rivets holding the friction material to the clutch disc. Then what was left of the friction material came off, rattled around inside the clutch, which made the clutch not disengage, and shifting became difficult to impossible.