10.14.2005

could you imagine

Could you imagine reading this article and replacing "Canada" with "USA"? Hehe yeah right. Folks here are too busy chasing down people at the border with shotguns.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051014/ap_on_re_ca/canada_immigrants_needed

I'm feeling an urge to go home soon to the land of decent health care, educated citizens, friendly cops, liberal government, hockey mania, and clean streets. If only it were as sunny, exciting (in a big city sort of way), and populated as it is down here. Those are the things I really love about the Bay Area. That and a faster life than back home. You know where people in their 30s actually go out and makes themselves the center of their lives, instead of hunkering down right away with kids.

Dammit why can't I have the best of both worlds? If I could inject the Greater Vancouver Area with a few million good handpicked people from San Francisco (and other American cities with mostly Democrats :), increase the wages, stir in 300 more days of sunshine, and build a decent highway system, I think I'd have the absolute perfect place to live.

5 comments:

egan said...

Maybe your perfect world would also exclude comment spam.

You would have a great city if you combined SF and Vancouver. Both cities are pretty awesome. Did you leave Vancouver for work or school?

Syndromes said...

I may be moving to Vancouver very shortly O_o

We'll see what turns up... Funny, my friend in Edmonton just sent me that same link you posted trying to get me to move up nort haha :)

Fumbling said...

I left Vancouver for work, start up called Scale Eight in SF that went under, then NetIQ who laid me (and 30% of staff) off, then I went back to school.

Fumbling said...

Syndromes stick with the big cities, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver. Any place in between is very small, spread out, flat, and IMHO boring.

egan said...

Thanks Van for the answer. I bet I could have found out why you left Vancouver had I searched you blog for more than 5 minutes. Call me lazy. Have a great weekend.