10.22.2005

damn nachos

Dcee decided to drive down here from Vancouver (alone) and got here a day earlier than expected so I took a break from my 2nd working weekend in a row to go for a beer at BJs in San Mateo with him, K and G. I had just finished working out (ran my two miles and the gym closed) so I was kinda hungry. But I totally defeated the purpose of my workout by wolfing down most of the nachos I ordered for the group. Dammit. And I have a blood test tomorrow morning that is going to show a hell of a lot of cholesterol. Oh well, I'm helping a friend move tomorrow so I'll try to carry the heavier stuff, or do lunges with the boxes....or wear ankle weights...or something...

I'm just happy that I finished a first draft of the lecture on race and media I'm giving next week and before 3am too. Bonus.

Crap it's been 2 hours since I left BJs and I'm still full. Is there crack in nachos or something? Once I start, I can't stop.

3 comments:

Ben said...

Damn, nachos. I would kill for a plate of nachos spattered with spiced ground beef, diced tomatoes, onions, happy-leno peppers, and doused with a smattering of medium-aged cheddar. Ugh, I miss having a kitchen -- that dish just isn't possible with a sink and a hotplate.

Fumbling said...

omg your place in taiwan has no kitchen? :(

Ben said...

I mean, let's say that it has a kitchen-like area, with cupboards and a sink and a counter. And a fridge (though not a full-size). Only a hotplate serves as a heating device, alongside my microwave and hot water dispenser. Clearly not enough for making good nachos in.