10.07.2005

hooray

Hooray for a few things

1. My Internet is back up (I was about to blow my top here)
2. Vancouver was rated the best city to live in the WORLD http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4306936.stm
3. The gash in my finger healed. So in case you're wondering...when you accidentally take a hunk of flesh out of a finger with a chef knife (and it was a big one; I had to get on all fours to keep from passing out), closing up the gash tight with a bandaid (sort of like stitches) for a week allows the flesh to just sort of fuse back together. Amazing! I wonder how much money I saved not going to get stitches.
4. The weekend is almost here
5. I'm competing in my first Division level public speaking contest Saturday morning. I advanced after taking first place at the Area level in the humourous speech contest last week (woohoo my first trophy since I did gymnastics). I didn't even think my speech was all that funny because funny for me usually means talking about lewd or obscene things, lots of swearing, bit o' toilet humor, and a good helping of sarcasm. My speech has none of that since I talk about the challenges of being short. Go figure. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Awesome blog!! I really enjoyed reading this post, and wanted to tell you that you could also make WAY MORE THAN $800 A MONTH! All you need to do is agree to pose naked for videos and photos on the internet (which is back up for you, according to #1). Uh ... get a real job instead of whatever this Anonymous-Boy (above) is trying to push.

Your healed finger (#3) is a definite plus, and the chef's knife is probably a useful tool against morons who post blog spam on our blogs.

Okay, I'm heading off now because our weekend is already here (#4). :-) And Vancouver definitely rocks (#2) -- where did SF fall in the line-up?

Best of luck in #5!

egan said...

I love Vancouver. It comes as no surprise to me that Vancouver would receive such a high distinction. Have a great weekend.