12.19.2004

wheezing in vancouver

Got into YVR this morning at 9:40am, which means my plane left SFO at 7:40 am, which means I left the house at 5:45am. I don't understand people who get up that early to exercise. I consider that hour still part of the night before, not the morning of that day. Doesn't help that I couldn't sleep. Partly because I was depressed that I was spending my last evening in the Bay Area for 3 weeks at home alone and partly because I was paranoid about sleeping in and missing my flight. 3:30 am rolled around and I heard everyone come home and some wonderful puking noises, followed by the kitchen garbage can opening and closing repeatedly for what must've been an hour. Got up a couple hours later after rolling around awake in bed and saw the toilet plunger in a plastic bag and Min's toothbrush upstairs. Doesn't take a detective to figure out that someone must've puked in the sink downstairs. Just classy. Anyways after flying in and having some food at home, I passed out for a couple hours and then got up to test out the new DVD player ($44 at Target) with F9/11 again.

The one and a half hour nap on the plane and two hour nap at home just didn't make up for a night of lost sleep so I turned down a couple invitations to go out and stayed in to wrap presents. I'm suffering from some major Bunny induced asthma. I'm just not used to having such a large furry animal in my presence constantly. Still I am suffering from my usual lack of motivation to go out. I have measured my drive into Vancouver and it's shorter than my drive into SF from our place in Foster City but the highway only takes me part way before I have to endure about 1/2 an hour of shitty slow city driving. Maybe it's that, maybe it's the fact that I have to drive out alone all the time and maybe it's the weather. I have a real hard time getting out of the house here. Just not a holiday spirit kinda person.

2 comments:

jason l said...

i know a whole bunch of people who exercise that early!

Ben said...

I definitely appreciated the 1.5-hour nap on the flight up, particularly with my new iPod 20GB and it's pet (Shure E3c). Luckily, I got some sleep the night before, though I hadn't eaten much this whole day -- was too busy with last-minute things before the flight, and it doesn't help that my parents eat the whole-grain wild-rice barley-oats healthy kind of stuff. I guess I'll be eating out a little more than I figured!

Anyway, my 408 number is still in effect while I'm up here (added the North America Package to my Cingular-AT&T plan for $10/mo), so give me a holler sometime! shE is flying in on the 27th, and we're hitting up Whistler for a few days.