12.06.2004

lip balm and stuff

Over the last few months, I've managed to acquire quite a collection of free lip balms. A couple handfuls of lip balms from some roofing company they were giving away at Zen fest and a bunch more from the SF Love Parade. They taste kinda like coconut or suntan lotion or something, so I don't like them a whole lot. But what I like less is using the ones I got from the Love Parade in public. They're from the Herpes Vaccine Study for Women and it says so right on the thing. There's something not right about smearing stuff on my lips in public that says Herpes in really big letters multiple times on the packaging. So I keep it in my desk drawer for use at home. The people who work for this research study really should've thought about giving something else away other than lip balm, like handouts or something.


Herpes lip balm Posted by Hello

*******************

So most of my days this weekend have been really unexciting, homework, papers, presentations. Lucky for me, somehow Adobe Acrobat crapped out on me. The only thing I can think of that I installed recently that might have messed up my Acrobat is Adobe Indesign. Yes another one of their products. I'm guessing at a potential software conflict here only because I can't fathom what else I could've done to my computer that would cause this. Since then I haven't been able to open PDFs. So tonight I uninstalled Acrobat Pro 6.0 and just installed the free reader. Still doesn't work. Shit. I'm going to have to read an article on my laptop I guess but still, this is not a good long term solution since my printer is hooked up to my desktop.

My evenings actually allowed me to escape a bit. Friday night we headed to a couple bars I wanted to test out for a bar hop with the other grad students next week. Steff's was really dead but the guys got to eat corndogs. I realized why I don't like those things. The batter is corn bread. Duh, I didn't realize that the corn in corndog stands for corn bread and I don't like corn bread. Something about the sweet and gritty combination. We headed to House of Shields where they usually have a DJ but they were charging cover and we didn't feel like coughing up $5 for a bar so a we headed over to XYZ strikingly underdressed and drunk. But I have no pride so we got our Chimays and grabbed a seat downstairs where we ran into Keith and Enlai. I believe from there we just headed back home and stopped at some pizza place in San Mateo for some nasty salty all meat pizza. Maintaining my homeostasis on the way back on the 101 was really challenging. Sitting in the back seat of a car while buildings pass by made me awfully dizzy.

Saturday night I flaunted my poker skills by splitting a pot with Eva first round ($25 each) and taking the $10 second place in the second round to Oscar (even though I was kicking his ass for several rounds dammit). The big gamblers were the first ones out. It's the recklessness I say.

Back to putting together some presentations for this week in both my classes.

No comments: