12.10.2004

I love Nordstrom RACK

One of the best things about this country is the fact that goods are supplied in mass quantities (for a mass population), which means loads of overstock items cheap at places like Nordstrom Rack (my favourite). I scored a pair of Saucony Aura TR6s for $39. They're selling on Zappos for $63.



I didn't want to spend money on anything because of my obvious lack of it, but my current pair of Asics I realized are worn down through the sole such that the cushioning part is exposed on the bottom. Yes that bad. How ghetto. While trying on shoes, it became evident that I'm no longer a size 6. I suspected that my feet have been growing and this confirms it. My big toe hit the end of every pair of 6s I tried on. Luckily we're past the era of foot binding and such. I would be a horrible embarrassment for my family at size 6.5-7 and only 5' tall. How messed up is it that my feet are growing at my age? (I checked and I haven't gotten any taller, just grew longer feet). Isn't it true that our ears continue growing after the rest of our body stops, which is why old people have huge ears? Can anyone confirm that? It seems for me it's my damn feet.

2 comments:

head dump said...

I love Nordstrom Rack too.
They've got good deals on shoes!
Maybe our ears keep growing to assist our hearing lost with age!

.:missy:. said...

Yup, the ears keep growing and so does the nose! If you ask me, that's just gross. And completely unnecessary.