12.28.2004

Sobe

Last night was a chill night. Got together with my closest friends for a night of Sobe-ing and feasting. We went out to Matsuyama to eat and everyone was really really quiet because we were all reciting our orders in our heads so we wouldn't forget when the waiter came. The food was really yummy even though I couldn't finish it. For some reason my forearm was cramping when I was using my chopsticks. I was complaining about this in my head, or so I thought. I found out later I had verbalized my entire inner conversation without realizing it. That combined with some really annoying time lapses made my evening a little tough to tolerate but I managed. We headed to Josh's to watch a movie after that. It was called In Da House and some guy named Ally G was in it. I have no idea how someone of average intelligence and in a normal state of mind could watch and enjoy that movie. Actually I'm not sure how such a character becomes so popular.

Today the plan is to go for oysters at Rodney's Oyster House in Yaletown. There's a special between 4-6pm or something. The skies are so clear it'd be so nice to be boarding but there was no snow last night. Which means whatever was on the mountain is just getting harder and icier. Pleeeeeease snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Ali' G! He's very well known in Europe...he actually had a show on with that character many years ago, and was quite good. Unfortunately, you can only fool people for so long, so he is just starting in the States now (2nd season)...stupid or not, his Borat character cracks me up! Can you believe that his name is really Sascha Baron Cohen, and he is from a prominent Jewish family and a graduate of Cambridge??!

Jon