12.09.2004

I hate Lowe's

Haven't had time to get to this but I must bitch about Lowe's before I head to bed tonight because they have wronged us too many times now. We moved into our apartment and it was in somewhat bad shape with some really old appliances and stuff but our landlady is excellent and has pretty much replaced every appliance we have. She runs a company and Lowe's is one of their customers so I believe she must get some sort of big discount with them. Here's a rundown of the hell we've dealt with:

new stove and microwave - the delivery guy said they'd come but didn't show on the daythey said they would. This tends to make a mess of my day. When they did show up, they said that our old microwave and stove were not the type that they can remove for me (even though the delivery manager assured my landlord they'd do it). Those guys left my place with the old appliances still in tact and the new microwave and stove sitting in a giant box in my f*cking living room. My landlord called Lowe's and raised hell. Second pair of delivery guys came and scoffed at the guys who said they couldn't do the job and ripped the old appliances out of the wall in minutes.

new washer/dryer - the delivery guy said they'd come but didn't show up. This happened I think about 4 times (Simon stayed home a couple half days waiting for them) until the delivery manager realized that our appliances had not yet arrived from Europe where they were made. They didn't finally make the delivery until 2.5 weeks after the original date promised and we spent many days waiting for the damn delivery as they kept promising it would come the next day, the next day, the next day.

new fridge - said they'd deliver Monday and even promised between 10am and 1pm. no show. Simon called and the delivery manager said they had no deliveries at all scheduled for that day. Apparently they got the dates mixed up. They actually meant Tuesday but assured us Monday. On Tuesday when we called to confirm again just to make sure they didnt fuck up again, the deliver manager (whose job I assume is to look at a calendar and schedule stuff constantly) asked Simon what the date was. WTF??? He finally agreed to noon to 1pm that day, while a voicemail on my phone said between 2pm - 4pm. After much yelling they showed up at noon.

If you totalled all the missed work hours waiting for these idiots from Lowe's these appliances would cost a hell of a lot more than a few hundred bucks I tell ya. NEVER buy anything from these idiots unless you plan to bring it home in your car. I'm quite convinced this "delivery manager" is just sitting in some back room on a pile of papers listing the week's deliveries smoking a huge joint.

2 comments:

Syndromes said...

There needs to be some sort of financial tie-in to home deliveries/appointments. Exponential cost reductions on items/services rendered or something. Miss one appt, 10% off. 2, 50% off. 3 and the damn thing is free. 4 and they pay you.

That's pretty jacked up for sure. I'll make sure to be prepared should I shop at Lowes ever ;)

.:missy:. said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I have been reading yours for a few weeks now and am hooked. :) I really like blogs that share day-to-day life experiences and make them funny, amusing, etc. It always makes me feel like my life isn't so weird after all. Thanks for the good wishes about the health situation, too. It seems to be a never ending issue lately, but I'm hangin in there! And I was cracking up about your hammie, Fatty McChubbs. Doug and I are always naming things "Something McSomething," and Fatty McChubbs was totally hilarious to us. We call one of our cats Sleepy McSnoozeAlot, and we're always coming up with new ones. Anyway, just wanted you to know someone in Michigan was reading your blog!!