12.22.2004

sun in Vancouver?

The skies are clear here. In fact the only rain I've seen is a light sprinkle on my way home last night. It's very eerie. It would be perfect weather for hitting the slopes if there were some snow on the local mountains. Since there isn't I'm not sure what to do with myself. My friends are either working or want to go shopping. I don't particularly enjoy shopping here because the selection in anything sucks and the taxes are too high. And right now, the malls are nuts. I went out for lunch with Joe and Jane yesterday for some awesome cheap sushi from Sushi Garden on Kingsway across from Eaton Center and then out to help Joe buy some stuff. After that we had dinner at his place and then worked up some munchies and ate again. I polished off most of a huge plate of nachos. In fact I'm still full. We were pretty much parked on the couch for at least three hours - Amazing Race, some show with the cast of Degrassi Jr High (they're all grown up and now teachers at their old high school, how cheesey), Russell Peters video I brought, then Dave Chappelle's stand up. I'm going to stick around at home I today before I head out for a big dinner to see old friends and their new spouses. My, how things change in a matter of 4-5 years. If anyone's in the Vancouver area I'll be at Jupiter Lounge after 9:30pm.

2 comments:

hougee said...

yumyum... salmon sashimi.. yumyum.. gotta go to sushi garden when i get back for sure :)

Ben said...

Russell Peters, the East Indian comedian? Or am I thinking about someone else?

Yeah, I need to hit up a good sushi place while I'm here, and some good steak a little later too. Even though I've been filling up on both, I doubt I'll have much chance to have them later on.