4.04.2006

dotted line

I signed on it today. I've officially accepted my offer at a particular university, and just finished sending emails to York (Toronto), UC Irvine, and UI Urbana Champaign to decline their offers. I was on wait list for NYU but I'm not going to wait to see if I get on as a second round pick because the offer won't likely come with funding if I'm not a first round pick. School starts in late September so for now I need to focus on...graduating %$@ and will likely spend my summer working at Simon's company helping out with some marketing and what not. Since my assistantship is only 9 months per year and I won't likely get a teaching gig over the summer of my first year, I hope to come back here to do independent study, which means probably vacating whatever apartment I'll be inhabiting for my first 9 months in Seattle. I decided I'm going to have all inflatable and/or disposable furniture to make my move easier. I think that'd be kinda funny don't you?

OK, gotta get back to work. My acceptance is, of course, conditional upon my graduation with a MA which requires not spending all my time blogging.

5 comments:

egan said...

Look me up when you arrive. We have sources for all that furniture stuff. Seriously, we can help out. You're going to enjoy you time in Seattle. Congrats on making it official. We will welcome you with open arms.

ceaz said...

Congrats Van!

Junebug said...

Congratulations! You must be relieved it's over.
Don't stop posting - you need constructive thesis-writing breaks (that's what I'm going to tell myself anyway).

Syndromes said...

Congrats!! :D Wuwu!

Now I have one more reason to visit the pacific northwest :D

Scout me out some good boba up there, eh? :)

Anonymous said...

Foldable furniture:

http://swissmiss.typepad.com/weblog/2006/03/scherenbett.html

JON