11.07.2005

30 club

So it was a productive weekend. Watched Crash (plot was forced but it still worked for me and I enjoyed it) , got some work done, went running twice (I'm up to a whopping almost 3 miles), got new tires for Simon and then headed out for Candice's 30th birthday. Yup looks like there's only a small handful of us now who have yet to join the 30 club. Cecil, thanks for reminding me of your December birthday and that you haven't even turned 29 yet. Bastard :P

I haven't seen some of my friends for months. It was nice to break out of my reclusiveness for a night and sit outside at Voda Lounge with all my close Bay Area friends to chit chat, tease, place bets on when Candice would lose her dinner, and tell drunk tales. It's so damn hard these days to not be anti-social and sit at home doing work, especially when my bank account is hurting so bad. But I have to say a couple martinis, fresh evening air, and conversation with friends sure made for a good time. I will have to remember that next time I whine about having to put on make up and drag a brush through my mop to leave the house. Living vicariously through my younger at heart friends (like Will) by reading their blogs is really a poor substitute for getting out a little. I think I'll start this weekend by heading out with my school pals to our prof Brent's performance on Friday. Anyone wanna join us? My friends are actively in a competition to see who can make out with the most random people (and I'm obviously not in this competition) so I wouldn't mind some company. I'll even explain the rules of the contest - there's a complex point system involving bonus points for such things as making out with someone already out on a date, out with their mom, practicing Mormons, bartenders, under 21/over 31, under 5'3"/over 6'3", can't speak a lick of English, married, with children, engaged and a whole slew of other categories that we came up with over sake bombs a few weeks back.

7 comments:

ceaz said...

DAMMIT I'm red!

Eunice said...

It's funny how as we get older, we look back to our earlier 20's when social life trumped all, despite lack of funds, other obligations, or even liking the people that went along. Getting out to enjoy the view, the friendship, the laughs is totally worth it.

And that game sounds...interesting.

Shaky Jake said...

Someone get a fire extinguisher, that guy looks like he's in pain!

I should post a picture of my friend Dan...he might rival that guy for reddest drinking Asian.

Fumbling said...

hahahaha sorry Cecil, that fire extinguisher thing was funny.

ceaz said...

and the scary thing is that I've been redder in other pictures.

egan said...

This post makes me feel really old and stuff.

Fumbling said...

if it makes u feel better, many of our friends have been in the 30 club for three or four years.