11.04.2005

homeostasis

Not having a car certainly makes a mess of one's regular routine. I finally got my car back this morning and with my new, well, EVERYTHING the car drives like a dream. I got to see my clutch and a whole damn spring had come loose and there were twisted shards of metal from the spring and bolts flying around and wrecking shit. Now shifting is like cutting butter with a hot knife. Now I can get back to some degree of homeostasis. Got a couple more big statement of purpose application essays done last week, did my guest speech at the Lion's club, and midterms are all graded and returned so things are settling down.

Next challenge -- refilling the huge gaping hole in my checking account from auto repairs, customizing my other 9 statement of purpose essays, and delivering another guest speech at the new Toastmasters Club at Applied Biosystems. The speech I'm on is called "The Abstract Concept." I've decided to title my speech Demystifying Postmodernism, but now I'm thinking that's a bit much to cover in 6-8 minutes. We'll see how it goes. I need to get some sleep. Snowy and Fatty decided to run a marathon on their wheel last night and the stupid wheel kept hitting the side of their aquarium but I was too lazy to get up and fix it and it kept me up for many hours. Now that is first class laziness.

Oh yeah, Canucks beat the Wild last nightl. Yay Canucks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo Canucks

From: Sandra
Minneapolis, MN

Anonymous said...

Yay Canucks! Beat those cheesy trappers from Minnesota.

Anonymous said...

I think you have us mistaken for Wisconsin.