5.16.2005

race

No I'm not talking about the Bay to Breakers. I had hoped to at least go and watch the race but the last week and a half have been nothing short of madness. Racing to meet deadline after deadline complicated by a huge thesis proposal rewrite that damn near killed me (around 30 pages, 42 if you include the appendix which also needed revision) and a bunch of major loose ends to tie up with Toastmasters as we head into officer elections. Add to that a bachelorette party that I need to figure out before Saturday and a wedding that I need to get on a plane for the week after that. To make things more fun, I have to resubmit my human subjects application form for my thesis and hope to get that all clear so I can begin doing interviews with import models in Vancouver. If I get rejected, I'll won't be able to do any interviews in Vancouver and that would totally suck. I thought things would slow down towards the end of the semester but shit hit the fan in a way I never expected and the party planning is taking more administration than I thought. I need a personal assistant.

I'm also not liking that I'm so busy before I head back to Vancouver for a month. I like to enjoy my time here because honestly, when I go back, I get homesick for the Bay Area. My twin size bed in my drafty old house where I freeze my ass off when I get out of the shower is kind of a bummer. I also miss the freedom to come home at odd hours without having to tiptoe everywhere so I don't wake my parents. Living out in the burbs where there's no one to carpool with also sucks and there's something I don't like about crashing at friends' houses. What's the point really if you're home to visit your home? Shit I guess the point is, unlike most normal people, I don't really feel like going back. I get really apathetic and I end up rotting away at home all day and night anyways. Driving into downtown Vancouver from my parents' place seems like a chore that I just cannot deal with. And when it rains, I don't even get out of my pajamas all day. I hope I don't get into my crawl into a hole and ignore the world routine again when I head back this month.

4 comments:

Syndromes said...

Wow... busy is right :)

I'm jealous you are going back to Vancouver, for what it's worth (probably not a lot haha). I still have fond memories of Sitar in Gastown and Stanley Park. Mmm...

Random short story about Stanley Park - While my friend and I were walking around there, we come across these two *really* hot girl runners. So we're checking them out, watching them run around in their skin-tight skimpy clothing, when they both stop and start blowing snot out of their noses onto the ground. Any eroticism that moment previously carried was now shot to hell ;) Haha

Anyway, hopefully Vancouver will provide you with some sort of battery recharge - sounds like you could use it after all the shit that's going on down here :/

Either way, hope you manage to have a good time!

.:missy:. said...

Hang in there, Van! I know you'll find a way to get everything done. And I hope you manage to have at least a little fun in Vancouver. :o)

head dump said...

my feelings about Vancouver are completely opposite of yours. I strategically choose window seats so I can see the mountains when i land and take off. Even then I'm crashing at my sister's place when I go home, it's still nice.

Sam said...

Man, you are busy!! Hope you will have some good time off.