5.18.2005

Britney

I like to do stupid stuff when I get overwhelmed with my homework. I either blog, read blogs, surf Craigslist, or search Google for silly information to take a mental break. Tonight I made the mistake of Googling for pics of Britney Spears to see if she was indeed pregnant. Big freakin mistake man. I was suddenly bombarded with pop ups which I attempted to right-click close. In doing this and clicking Xs where available (and when they weren't fake Xs that were actually links) I must've mistakenly clicked on something. It took AdAware, Microsoft Anti-Spyware, 2 reboots and Simon's help for half an hour to finally kill all that shit off. I'm pretty web savvy and don't get suckered into this garbage but those bastards are sneaky. There's just no avoiding it sometimes. Oh yeah don't forget to install the Google toolbar and turn on the pop up blocker.

Oh yeah, so I didn't manage to find any pics of a pregnant Britney.

I think I'll stick to reading blogs and surfing CL from now on when I get bored.

2 comments:

Ben said...

You could also just use Firefox and turn on the pop-up blocker function, and then change the settings so that new clicks/windows go to tabs instead of new windows. Tabbed browsing is awesome, and keeps your desktop clean.

And anyway, you asked for it by searching for Britney Spears knocked up.

hougee said...

yeah .. firefox is the way to go.. and instead of using the mouse to close windows.. use control-w .. much safer