5.22.2005

madness

It was a crazy weekend that I had hoped would be a little bit more low key given the amount of homework under which I am buried. Friday night was a little grad student get together at Red Devil Lounge where I got a little more than buzzed because I hadn't eaten dinner. I had planned to be there only 7-9pm but I couldn't drive so we ended up at Tango Tango where I learned that it's really fucking hard to sing REM's "It's the end of the world as we know it" when you don't know any lyrics other than the chorus.

Yesterday was Gigi's bachelorette weekend (Canadians call em stagettes). My deep cleansing facial by Jill at Refresh was awesome. The shoulder/neck massage part of it was so good I fell asleep and a little while later snored myself awake. How terribly uncool. I hate when that happens. The other girls enjoyed their treatments as well and it was nice to be able to bring in a big fruitplate to share at the end of it all. Afterwards we headed to the Pan Pacific Hotel where we checked in and got Gi dressed up in her dominatrix outfit. The look on her face when we pulled out the spiked dog collar was priceless.

Dinner at Roe Restaurant (next to Thirsty Bear) was awesome. Tonnes of food and enough people to be able to order a bit of everything to taste. The partying that followed was wild. We were lucky enough to get a couple limos on the street to pick us up which was a huge bonus. All I'll reveal is that there was much pole dancing, bar top dancing, and posing with drunks, cops, firefighters, and cop cars. Now I'm paying for it with a big headache. I can't wait to hand in my last paper and sit on my ass for a while.

No comments: