3.07.2008

reunion

Apparently my graduating class, which did not have a 10 year reunion, is going to do a 15-year reunion next year instead. After scrolling through the facebook group for my grad year (which had 1000 graduates) I realize I either didn't know them or, more often, knew them and despised them. Hmm lemme think about that. Go to some event (they're thinking family day at the park) that forces me to relive my tortured youth as one of the token English-speaking Asian (and thus undateable) girls and watch as everyone shows off their children and talks about how they still live in Coquitlam (aka buttfuck nowhere), BC? Or perhaps they got really adventurous and moved out to Port Coquitlam a few kilometers away. Maybe those white frat boy wannabes will suddenly notice me now that it's trendy to date an exotic Asian woman. Hmmm, yeah, no thanks. I'd rather spend the day scrubbing my toilet bowl, ripping off hang nails, or getting a root canal. You all can go on and relive your glory days without me.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

yeah i skipped my ten year cuz it was the weekend before school started. the pictures were posted online and it looked boring.

Anonymous said...

You'd be surprised how humble people get after 10-15 years. I had the same idea of not going to my high school reunion, but went anyway...sure there were the jerkoffs that still think it's a popularity contest, but in all honesty, some of the people who I despised didn't turn out all that bad and we had more meaningful conversations. Additionally, it's surprising to get back in touch with some of the people who 'fell through the cracks' of long forgotten memories.

I'd encourage you to at least consider going...