2.01.2006

Blue Cross idiots

I just got off a long call with Blue Cross customer service that accomplished nothing. I'm trying to cancel my individual plan and go only with the coverage that I'm getting from Simon's work which is also from Blue Cross. The woman, Mary, says she can't cancel my individual plan and has to put me through to another number. This is after 10 minutes of mucking around in the account and, well, doing nothing. She goes to "put me through" to another customer service rep. The phone rings twice and a guy says "hello?"

Me: Hi, I was transferred to your line to get my individual PPO Share 5000 cancelled please
Guy: Uh, what?
Me: I was transferred to your line to get my individual PPO Share 5000 cancelled please
Guy: Uhhhhh, I called Blue Cross this morning too but hehe I'm a patient too. She said she put you through to another line at Blue Cross?
Me: Oh my God. Yeah. You're a customer?? She connected me to a customer?!
Guy: Yup, and she put you through to my cell phone no less [laughs]
Me: Oh my God, be careful next time you call Blue Cross. Obviously their reps screw up big time!!
Guy: [Laughs] Yeah! Alright you take care
Me: You too

Hello privacy issues??? How does a mistake like that happen?

No comments: