12.27.2005

NYE?

I've learned not to get all excited about NYE anymore. It kinda started in 1999 when I paid a bunch of money to go to a dinner dance in Richmond that was totally lame. And that night one of my friends stepped on my foot with her high heel. That hurt. Way to ring in the new millenium. I don't even remember 2000 or 2001. Not because it was good, more likely because it sucked. In 2002, we went to a big party at the Cow Palace where Paul Van Dyk was spinning but it turned out we were the oldest party goers there by almost a decade. The party ended by 2am and we had to trek out to 1015 to party the rest of the night which was a big huge hassle. In 2003, it snowed so suddenly and heavily that it wasn't safe for me to leave home. It's not so much that there was a lot of snow, but my neighbourhood is hilly and slippery until the snow plows come, which takes at least 24 hours. That year I rang in the new year in my parents' basement by myself and Dick Clark. Last year I went to a house party which is always a good thing. However, I think I was the only one who had too much to drink and the rest of the party of mostly non-drinkers whom I don't know very well spent the night watching me act stupid. I almost want to stay home this year just to avoid the hassle of making plans and figuring out how I'll get myself home because I totally don't like crashing at other people's homes (especially when it takes me an hour to get home the next morning). Well that wasn't a very cheery post. Not to worry, my mood improves as the weather gets better and the days grow longer. I should probably move someplace tropical.

No comments: