6.03.2004

Surprises are fun but not when the surprise sucks. All day yesterday I was looking forward to eating a joong for lunch. One with big hunks of fatty pork and egg. I salivated just thinking about it. After boiling it a while, I untied the string with indescribable anticipation, peeled off the leaves, tore into it with chopsticks firmly clenched in my fists, and...shiiiiit, it was RBS. Red bean shit. RBS is a big dissapointment after big Chinese feasts, but when it's staring at me from the middle of a pile of sticky rice that is supposed to be lovingly embracing a greasy piece of pork and golden yellow egg, I could only wonder what I did to deserve such bad karma. I was so pissed I could cry especially because I was in a huge rush to get out the door and didn't have time to make something else for lunch. All I could do was close my eyes and stuff it down my throat so that I wouldn't starve to death between 4pm and 9:30pm. Later that night I came home and had edamame and a bowl of cereal waaaah.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I hate when my appetite is all ready for a certain type of food, and the rug gets yanked from under my taste buds. Totally sucks. But it sucks even more to be hungry and not have an appetite for anything.

Dammit, I wish I had "zong4 zi" too now; it's been a long time. Does Ranch 99 sell any, piping hot and ready to eat? Perhaps I'll entertain that thought after my kashi cereal breakfast.