6.17.2004

I love school

Met with the prof sponsoring my independent research project and our conversation made for some sort of epiphany for me. She really really liked my research proposal and 3 page justification for the project (the one I thought sounded too much like a blog) and has offered to act as the chair for my thesis committee. I'm still a year away from starting my thesis but this is HUGE. "I think you're onto something here" is what she said. Those words helped to cast away any doubt I had about ditching my career in software marketing and choosing a career in academia. Doubt that, quite honestly, sometimes keeps me up at night. I hope things just keep going this way. It will be nice to be excited about my career (and life in general) for a change. Now all I have to do produce something that meets her (now rather high) expectations for me. Time to read like a mofo.

No comments: