6.11.2004

hooray for software upgrades

I must say I'm diggin' this new software. Word in Office 11 now has a "reading" view that blows up your doc and shows two pages at a time so you can read it quite comfortably right on your screen. Dreamweaver MX allows you to split screen so that you can see your code and layout WYSIWYG at the same time. Too bad my web page doesn't actually appear WYSIWYG. Oh well, ya can't have it all. Oh and Outlook has a new junk mail filtering folder that is catching about 5% of my junk while IE prevents any sneaky installs and pop ups by asking your permission first. It seems to work even better than the Google Toolbar pop up blocker.

Now for my beefs. When I create new folders in my IE favourites they put themselves at the bottom of my list rather than in alphabetical order. I have to manually re-organize them by clicking and dragging. That's such a drag. har har. And after I re-installed Outlook and placed my old .pst file where it asked to be placed, everything went well except that when I click "to" to select addies from my contact list, it can't open my address book even though I can see it when I click the big Contacts button. I clicked through all the help topics and haven't fixed this yet but what pisses me off is that I know this happened on my last re-install and I didn't think to write down what I did.

No comments: