6.10.2004

blogging at a research paper

There was a time in my life when I wrote nothing but academic papers. I improved my writing and vocabulary by leaps and bounds but I also started speaking the way I wrote. Like a big nerd. But that was OK since I took 6 freakin' years to do my undergrad. Perfectly appropriate for my environment. Then I started working and everything was about bullet points. Getting to the point. Benefits, efficiency, cost-savings, cost-benefits, bottom-line solutions. It made it hard for me to remember how to write and speak in full sentences. Now I blog more than anything. More than I speak even. I am a blog-a-holic. I just finished the first 3 pages of a research paper. And now I am shitting myself because I fear that it reads like a 3-page blog. This is not cool. Better have a drink and re-read it. Man, this is trouble. Maybe if I format it really well my prof will be impressed. No no, shit that was marketing, not school.

No comments: