4.20.2005

what I learned at school

When I first moved down here my roomate was always talking about 420. I never knew what the hell she was talking about until she said it refered to smoking pot. When I asked her why she said she didn't know. Well today while shootin' the shit in the grad lounge I learned something new. 420 is the police code for pot, whether they mean the possession or use of, I'm not sure specifically. Not sure why I never learned this in Vancouver, maybe the police codes are different? Who knows. Anyways, apparently 4/20 as in today's date is an unofficial day of celebration. I actually heard people say 420 a bunch of times on campus. Celebrating this day is supposed to involve toking up at exactly 4:20pm on April 20th. Ya learn something new everyday.

3 comments:

Syndromes said...

187 is the code for murder. Thanks Dre & Snoop!

That's the only other code I know of offhand...

Actually, the unemployment form in Ireland is a U-2 form, but yah, besides that :)

Fumbling said...

Wow, that's what U2 meant. I learned two things today!

Sala B. said...

Some people take it to the extreme and blaze at every 4:20 am/pm or when ever they cross the Holy Number...AHHaahhAHHHH.