4.09.2005

living vicariously

Simon called twice tonite from LV where he's whooping it up for his friend Dan's stag. First call, he shared that they were invited to come watch the taping of Celebrity Poker in their hotel, the Palms (one of the guys has lost a lot of money on several occasions, hence the free room). That sounded pretty cool. I can't begin to explain how many hours of that show I've had to sit through. I didn't recognize the names of the celebs he listed except one, Wendy Pepper. The middle aged lady whom everyone hated on the reality show Project Runway. Apparently she's lost weight but still looks awful in real life. Phil Gordon and the other host whose name escapes me were also there but their commentary is taped in a back room by the loser's lounge. I'll let Simon share the details when he gets back. His second call was a more exciting one. "I just shook Tony Almeida's hand!!" he exclaimed. Apparently Tony from24 (does anyone really know the guy's real name?) was hanging around the hotel, probably next in line for another taping of Celebrity Poker. Simon said to him, "hey you're Tony from 24!" Despite the popularity of his character, I guess the guy doesn't get much attention on the street. He was apparently visibly excited to be recognized and shook Simon's hand. Simon says he looks a lot younger in real life. He's my favourite character on the show next to Jack and Chloe. I wish I were there. Instead I'm at home doing homework, blogging and watching the Lifetime network.

2 comments:

whatupwilly said...

I love Tony! To get into complete TV-geek mode: I can't believe you like Chloe. I think if I worked with her in real life...I would definitely have to get her fired to stop working with me. I'm in vegas in about 10 days...I never really see real celebrities in vegas. Saw Nick from season 1 of the apprentice, John Sally (Best Damn Sports show ever) bumped into me and almost knocked me over in the Palms (he apologized and was nice about it)...

Fumbling said...

Jeez everyone in the 24 forums hates Chloe, shit I just revealed i visted the 24 forums. I find her likeable because no one else on the show seems to like her and she's the competent but weird misunderstood oddball one.