4.05.2005

really dumb

Simon says he'll give me $5 to link to his blog again now that he's been blogging regularly and posted Google Ad words on his site, so here it is again --> http://simonma168.blogspot.com

So I did something profoundly stupid tonight. I get really annoyed when there's food stuck on dishes and utensils that go in the dishwasher, especially rice because it sticks to everything and hardens. So before I put the rice scooper thing in the washer I like to eat the rice clean off the scoop before I put it in the wash. Well, not sure if you knew but poor kids in Asia sometimes use a grain of cooked rice as glue to stick paper together. You just smoosh it together, let it dry and voila, cheap glue. It works I tried it when I was little. So anyways, I stuck the whole rice scooper thing in my mouth (I really like rice and really hate wasting food). The rice had kinda half dried and the effect was much like licking a really frozen popsicle. It stuck to my lower lip and stupid me, I pulled it out of my mouth and took some skin with it. Dammit. Last week I got a deep cut in my thumb from eating crab, in Cabo I broke off a disturbingly large chunk of my toenail when I had had a few too many Dos Equis and tripped on a stair on my way to the bathroom in some karaoke bar. Kinda reminds me of my gymnastics days when I'd nail a beam routine and then turn around and trip on a crashmat or walk into a door. It only takes a small lapse in concentration (or a couple drinks) before disaster strikes.

1 comment:

.:missy:. said...

You need a full-body, padded crash suit like I used to need (back when I got hit that car and knocked to the ground). This post had me shrinking in pain just hearing all of your injuries. I used to eat the semi-dried rice off of the spoon, too, but let me tell ya... I will be much more careful about it from now on. OUCH!