4.13.2005

neighbours

My next door neighbour is this couple. Nice skinny soft spoken guy about our age, or a bit older, and his wife who I hear yelling at him at the top of her lungs all the time. They've been getting along like this pretty much since we moved in a couple years ago. I'm really not sure how they keep it together. What I do know is he delivers pizza at night for extra money because he said he likes driving around anyways. I'm thinking it's more like he needs the extra time out of the house. Simon and I have actually not met the wife because we're scared of her so we walk extra slow or hide behind a post when we see her coming up the stairs. The weird thing is that often they fight at like 6:30-7am. Weekdays and weekends. It actually wakes me up most times. I have to admit I strain to hear what they're saying. Can't help it. If they're gonna wake me up I deserve a little amusement. My question is what the hell is there to argue about that early in the damn morning?

3 comments:

egan said...

You ask a good question here, but it's really quite simple. That early in the morning they are fighting over the hair dryer. She has to blow dry that mullet of hers.

Ben said...

Could be that she does her mid-night pees and leaves the toilet seat down. And then he does his morning pees while still groggy, and doesn't really see it, so the toilet seat is wet ... in time for her morning pee. Wetbuttinthemorning.

Could be that she's very particular about how her slippers are placed next to the bed when she sleeps, and somehow every morning they're always kind of moved to the side a little, and they don't line up perfectly, the way she had it when she slept.

Or maybe he keeps stealing all the blanket.

egan said...

I like the blanket stealing option. That happens so often in our household.