4.05.2005

taxes

Just need to vent. I HATE filing taxes. I typically get a refund but it's not incentive enough to want to do them. Just seeing the jargon and grids and questions (yes even in Turbo Tax) makes my head hurt. Honestly, I'd rather do 3 hours of academic research or write a paper than do my taxes. HATE it. I can't believe I know a woman who just completed her Masters in Tax. I'd rather chew off a limb than do that degree.

BTW a tip from my friend Randolph (haven't tried this yet)
If you go to the IRS site, you can link to turbotax and file for free. It's only free for federal taxes and it only works if you link from the IRS site.
To file state taxes for free, go to the California Franchise Board website.
You basically take the info you got from the Turbo Tax site and it'll automatically calculate how much you owe

4 comments:

Syndromes said...

You and me both.

I hate doing my taxes. They don't even take that long, but i'll be damned if I don't either do them late (I turned mine in a year after the fact last year) or right before the deadline, depending on if I think there might be a chance I owe ;)

Of course this year i'm unemployed, so I *should* file asap - but i'm a dork and yah, I haven't.

Here's to no more income tax! Err...

head dump said...

Thanks for the links. I almost forgot to do my taxes again. Every night I go home thinking I have to do my taxes, then I forget. I'll do them tonight.

Ben said...

Yeah, I hate doing taxes too, but I'm kind of glad that my taxes are fairly easy to do. (If you don't make much, and don't have any money invested, there's really not much to fill out on their forms.)

But oh, if you have some income in the US and you're a non-resident, what do you need to do?

Fumbling said...

there's a form as resident for part of the year.