1.03.2004

New Years Day was a day on which all of my friends were terribly hungover (or still cracked out at an after party midday). After making several rounds of calls and waking people up (at 11:30am) I gave up. Denny K was already on his way to Cypress with his cousin so I thought, what the hell, I'm going up by myself. If I run into him great, if not, I'll enjoy the fresh powder and 100% visibility all by myself. It was kinda nice, skipping the short line on the Horizon side of the mountain to the singles line, going as fast or as slow as I wanted. Hanging out for a bit to enjoy the view and look for jumps. Funny enough though, while unstrapping my binding and wiping my nose after my 3rd or 4th run, I hear "short girl, white helmet". Sure enough I had run into Denny. So did the 2nd half of my day with him and his cousin. Just the right pace. Fun to be up there with people who also look for jumps (versus those who rip it down the mtn as fast as possible so they can sit on the lift some more). So I guess the big snow fall that killed my new years eve and the evening before it at least made for a pleasant day up on the slopes.

No comments: