1.20.2004

You know sometimes when you stub your toe so damn freakin' hard that you swear it's broken, but after you take off your sock to inspect it, there's not a mark? Well, tonight while walking to the kitchen I came really close to breaking it for real. I stubbed it on a chair leg just like I normally do once a week or so. I let out a yelp (as usual) that you folks in Vancouver could probably hear. I took off my sock expecting to see nothing but EGAD! my second smallest toe on my right foot was purplish and had a whitish lump between the knuckle and my toenail. I thought to myself, shit that better not be bone fragment or something nasty. It's been 6 hours and it hurts to bend my toes or press them to the floor and that lump is still there. But I remember learning in first aid that if you can move a joint, chances are it's not broken. I figure it's just badly bruised and swollen. Man if anyone steps on my foot tomorrow I'm gonna deck them one.

No comments: