1.04.2004

Today was bright, sunny (rare here) and COLD as heck. Yahoo says it was -10 to -4. I don't remember any winter here this cold ever ever ever. I don't know how you folks from back east (or Winnipeg) braved this kind of weather every year. Still, somehow I managed to convince myself that it wouldn't be a bad idea to head up to Seymour with Stan for an hour or so. I can't turn down an opportunity to snowboard free. They've got a little terrain park there that you can play on, and hike back up the hill so you don't need a lift ticket. I spent more time sitting on my ass watching or mucking with my stupid bindings than I did snowboarding but it was a lot of fun. I managed to gain oooh about the height of my fist taking a jump off the lip next to the box. Far from impressive but, hell, as long as it feels like I was flying through the air, good enough for this old lady.

No comments: