1.29.2004

I had a very uncool moment last night. I was walking home from the library after tutoring like I do three nights a week. I had my back pack on and my hands jammed deep in my pockets cuz it got a little chilly. I picked up the pace a little as I got onto Foster City Blvd right in front of my place and somehow I managed to trip, either on my own feet or on some uneven pavement. I thought I'd be able to recover but I was quite wrong. I realized that when you're hauling a laptop on your back and your hands are stuck in your pockets, it's pretty hard to get yourself back upright in mid-tumble. I ended up crashing on my elbow, then on my side and doing some weird roll right onto the grass in front of the apartment. Luckily the people who live in the suite above were no longer on their balcony barbequeing like they were earlier, so I don't think I had an audience except from some drivers out on the street. But it was all kinda funny. When I got home, I realized I had a real nice pavement scrape from my elbow all the way to my wrist. Good thing I always have polysporin on hand. I can't believe how accident prone I am.

No comments: