12.31.2003

If you don't wanna hear me bitch (even though I think this is kinda funny), then read no further.

I had a bad past couple days. I typically wish for snow so that we have sweeter conditions on the slopes. Unfortunately that snow came down by the bucket-full on the lower mainland which pretty much cut the expected attendance at my little get-together at Jupiter to less than half.

Add to that the fact that I barely made it there (slipped sideways on several occasions, many close calls) and never did make it back home... had to crash at Alex's. Not sleeping comfortably in my own bed usually means I have nightmares, which I did, and wake up feeling really exhausted, which I do.

But wait, that's not all. I'm still suffering a sour stomach from yesterday's greasy dim sum so I hardly feel like doing anything for NYE, but that's ok cuz the decision was already made for me. There's 9" of snow in Coquitlam, most of it just sitting there in a pile on the side streets. And forget not, the plowed streets in this hilly backwards city are covered in black ice. I think someone up there has it in for me so rather than risk life and limb to feign a celebratory mood at some party, I'm spending my first NYE at home by myself (since I was ever allowed to go out at all).

When I'm in a shitty mood I seem to find depressing shit on the web. Ok, this one is actually kinda funny:

No comments: