1.20.2004

Tomorrow is my first day of school (sort of). It's my international student reception and orientation. In preparation for school I thought I would check out the various student organizations at SFSU to see if there's anything that I could join (where I'm not older than everyone else by like a decade, remember freshmen are 18-19!).

I didn't find any to join but I found a bunch that made me laugh my ass off. For example, the Forces of Nature club. I'm not sure what that is because they don't have a web site but you should smell some of Simon's forces of nature. Maybe he could be an honourary member. Then there's the Latter Day Saints club led by, oh fuck, one of my profs. So does that mean I gotta join their church to get an A? I mean, isn't it their mandate to recruit people by force or otherwise?

Another club at SFSU is the Students for Genital Integrity. I remember watching a documentary about hermaphrodites whose doctors made the decision (surgically, that is) about which sex they ought to be. It seemed they were all pissed off regardless of what sex they were assigned. I wonder if this is what the club is about. The one that baffles me the most is the Upside Down Club. Is this like a Kriss Kross thing but rather than backwards they dress uh..? Finally there's the Players Club. For the drama students of course. I wonder if any not-so-bright self-professed stud muffins accidentally join that club hoping to share secrets of how to spike girls' drinks with G.

No comments: